An intestinal upset is a big problem for cats and their owners. Each owner should know the symptoms of dysbiosis in cats and help his pet. It is important to understand that therapy for dysbiosis can take several months.
What is dysbiosis?
Dysbacteriosis is a violation of the intestines. It occurs due to the fact that beneficial bacteria that live in the mucosa and on the walls of the intestine die. As a result, there is a violation of beneficial microflora.
Useful microflora is responsible for the normal functioning of the immune system, and also removes toxins from the body. In addition, the positive effects of beneficial intestinal microorganisms include:
- It stabilizes the metabolism in the body.
- It activates the immune system in only a born kitten.
- They produce vitamins.
With dysbiosis, the delicate balance is disturbed and this affects the general health of the pet. The intestines and bacteria living in it are one of the main barriers against infectious diseases. Therefore, dysbiosis immediately jeopardizes the entire body.
Symptoms of Dysbiosis
Dysbacteriosis in cats can be detected in the early stages. To do this, you must carefully monitor the behavior of the animal. As soon as foreign bacteria begin to penetrate the microflora, this immediately affects the general condition of the cat.
- Diarrhea, possible with blood.
- Disorders of appetite, both its decrease and increase.
- Inactivity, drowsiness, apathy.
- Dull and brittle coat.
- Bloating, flatulence.
Of course, most of these symptoms can indicate other disorders in the body. However, for diagnosis it is best to consult a veterinarian.
Just like that, no disease arises. All pathologies have reasons. The causes of dysbiosis include:
- Dysbacteriosis from poisoning.
- Stressful situations, including moving, separation from the owner, starvation.
- Dietary problems, lack of vitamins and minerals.
- Bad content.
- Helminth infection.
- Long-term use of antibiotics.
In addition, dysbiosis can develop against the background of renal and liver failure, as well as hormonal interruptions in the body.
If there are several violations in a row, then you can immediately get a severe case of dysbiosis.
To diagnose dysbiosis, cats are prescribed a blood and urine test. Be sure to take a smear for the presence of helminths. Also, experts will study the work of the liver and pancreas. A survey is conducted of the owner with the specification of the diet and medications that were given to the cat. After taking antibiotics, dysbiosis occurs most often. To prevent dysbacteriosis in a cat after antibiotics did not occur, it is recommended to take a course of probiotics along with the drugs.
Treatment of a cat in which dysbiosis is a complex of measures aimed at restoring the balance of microflora. First of all, you should get rid of parasites. Then the following treatment methods are applied.:
- The cat is prescribed vitamins, as well as immune stimulants.
- They cleanse the intestines from foreign bacteria.
- Probiotics are prescribed to infect microflora with bacteria.
Treatment of dysbiosis can drag on for several months. Moreover, very often there are concomitant diseases. In addition to the main treatment, it is recommended to follow a diet prescribed by a veterinarian. Most often, it includes natural dairy products of high quality and low fat content.
If you do not treat dysbiosis, it can lead to serious consequences. As the immune system suffers, the cat becomes vulnerable to infections and fungus.
In order not to have big problems with the health of the pet, it is recommended to use preventive measures. Among them, the most effective:
- High-quality, balanced diet. It should be calculated by the amount of all useful substances.
- Avoid eating dirty food, inedible things, as well as dirty water.
- Avoid uncontrolled use of antibiotics. Be sure to consult a doctor. If necessary, drink antibiotics, the doctor should prescribe drugs to normalize microflora.
- Pedigree cats that are prone to the appearance of dysbiosis need 2 times a year to carry out the prophylactic administration of probiotics and lactobacilli.
- In time to carry out deworming.
If you comply with all the rules of keeping a cat, and while treating inflammatory and infectious processes with antibiotics, immunostimulating drugs are used in parallel, then your cat is not afraid of dysbiosis. The same goes for dogs, as well as all other pets.
Long-term treatment for dysbiosis will require costs and patience from the owner. A constant diet and the use of medical methods for introducing beneficial bacteria will not immediately bring positive results. But in the end, the owner will see his cat with shiny hair, normal feces and in a good mood.